After popular demand Steve brings you a basic overview of the essential maintenance you need to keep your e-bike rolling smoothly.
Our shop: http://embn.me/73
The six areas of E-MTB maintenance that Steve highlights are the fundamentals of mountain bike upkeep.
– The Chain is one of the most important areas of an E-Bike as it undergoes much more torque than a normal bike and therefore wears faster.
– As with most mountain bikes, setting up your tyre pressure correctly for the terrain, weather and personal preference will make all the difference.
– Bolts and nuts can rattle loose over time, and this could be a serious problem for you or the integrity of your bike, but can be avoided with regular checks. Our guide for ensuring the connection between the motor and the battery can be found here: http://embn.me/motors
– Having the right suspension for your weight is very important, as it balances the bike and reacts to the terrain improving grip.
– Properly working gears are very important for the correct operation and engagement of your motor, and there is nothing more frustrating than crunchy gear changes. Check out our guide on indexing your gears here: http://embn.me/embnindex
– It can also be vital to make sure that you have enough brake pad left to keep you safe before you head out.
If you do these checks regularly it’ll significantly enhance your E-MTB enjoyment, as well as allowing you to pick up on any other potential mechanical problems.
If you’ve got any questions, please ask them in the comments below 👇
If you’d like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here’s the link 👍 http://embn.me/72
📹 EMBN Motor Fundamentals | http://embn.me/motors
📹 EMBN Battery Fundamentals | http://embn.me/batteries-explained
🎵Epidemic Sound: Near – Siny
The Electric Mountain Bike Network (EMBN) is dedicated to igniting your passion for electric mountain bikes (eMTBs) by taking your riding further, faster and further than ever before.
EMBN is dedicated solely to covering eMTB from every angle: from demystifying electric mountain biking, to inspiring you to go electric, helping you understand what you need, where and how to ride, and how to get the best from your eMTB experience.
Every week, of every month we bring you videos on…
…to go faster and explore more!
EMBN is mountain biking… fully charged: the same thrilling freedom – only faster, going further, and more liberating than ever before.
Join the EMBN community:
Thanks to our sponsors:
DT Swiss: http://embn.me/dtswiss